Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: ping fix for windows (finally)

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 03:31:27 -0800

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 11:14:31PM -0800, Andy Lutomirski wrote:

At long last, I think I have fixed pinging on windows.  It was a
royally dumb mistake (thank you MS for stupid error codes --
WSAEINTR

Thanks -- I have applied your change for the next version.

P.S.  Sorry I didn't find this a few days earlier :(  Anyone see the
beginning of a bad tradition?

It shouldn't matter too much since I plan to release BETA32 within a
couple weeks.  So if anyone else has important changes, now is the
time to send them to me.

I am also hoping to release an actual "stable" (nonbeta) version in
the next month or two.  The last "stable" version (2.53) was released
in May of *2000* and is so far out of date that I removed it from the
Nmap download page.  Geez, guess I better not dis the
Debian/Netscape/Kernel guys for slow release schedules :).  The two
biggest priorities for that release are a fix for RPC scanning and a
whole bunch of new OS fingerprints.  Does anyone have other
show-stopper bugs to mention?

Cheers,
Fyodor