Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap 3.50 Oddity on FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE

From: MadHat <madhat () unspecific com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:35:34 -0600

On Mar 23, 2004, at 3:06 AM, Weiersmüller Mathias (KPFN 1) wrote:
Is the network 10.51.55.0/25 directly connected, or is a entry in the routing table which has the address 10.51.55.0 as "first address" within the network? So this address is a "network number", and I suppose that FreeBSD 4.9 does not want to send packets towards the network number.

What happens when trying to ping or open a telnet towards 10.51.55.0?

This is what I have been trying to test, on my local networks. Trying to see if I can get it to generate those errors when there is no route to host, but have not been successful in reproducing the issue when testing on Linux, OSX or BSD as of yet.

Just my 5 cents...

Mathias Weiersmueller