Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: decoy scan: no decoy packages

From: "Craig Humphrey" <Craig.Humphrey () chapmantripp com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:22:47 +1300

I don't think 'traceroute' is going to tell you what packets made it to
the target... 'tcpdump' perhaps? Or Ethereal? (or some other network
sniffer).

Is there anything between your scanning host and the target host?  E.g.
routers, firewalls, etc, which might filter out invalid/spoofed traffic.

Hope that helps.

Later'ish
Craig