Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 Support for nmap

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 13:08:18 -0700

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 08:21:36AM -0700, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
driven by what people are offering to do. I'd like to suggest full IPv6
support as being a useful project for some up and coming network engineer.
After all, it's a Network Mapper.

I actually considered that when I was creating the project list.  But
I just haven't seen all that much demand for IPv6 raw scans.  So I
have been planning to implement it when IPv6 gets more popular (it can
be used with connect() scans and version detection for now).  But I
would be interested in hearing from people who would actually find raw
IPv6 scans personally useful to them.  Maybe IPv6 networks are more
common than I see.

Cheers,
-F