Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: gcc-4 troubleshooting

From: Greg Darke <starstuff () optusnet com au>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 19:12:15 +1000

Hi List,

It seems that the crashes are caused by compiling Nmap with
optimizations.

I have narrowed it down to one of the optimizations that are enabled
with O2, but not with O1. I will try to narrow it down to a specific
optimization (or combination of optimizations) over the next few days.
Does anybody know of any problematic optimizations that I should look at
first?

In case other people are looking into this problem, I am doing my
testing with gcc version: "gcc (GCC) 4.0.1 20050727 (Red Hat 4.0.1-5)".

Greg Darke.