Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: make[2]: *** [libdnet.la] Error 1

From: "mtmadruga" <mtmadruga () uol com br>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:57:41 -0200

It most likely means that ./configure wasn't able to find
your ar. On solaris, I seem to recall that it's often located
here:

/usr/ccs/bin/ar

Try putting /usr/ccs/bin/ in your path and re ./configure ; make

Doug

I really had this problem (error: command ar not found)when i first ran the ./configure. I put it in the path and ran
the ./configure again. It seemed it was ok and ran make. But I got that error ([libdnet.la] Error 1)

Well, at this time I checked if the /usr/ccs/bin/ was in the path and followed the steps:

make disclean (I haven't done this before)
./configure
make
make install

It worked now.