Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: SIGSEGV signal on Darwin OS X (Intel) when using version matching (nmap 4.01)

From: David Warde-Farley <david.warde.farley () utoronto ca>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 23:48:38 -0500

On 5-Mar-06, at 11:25 PM, Kelly M wrote:

Thanks for walking me through that. Here's the output I got:

(gdb) run -sS -T4 -A 111.222.333.444
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/nmap -sS -T4 -A 111.222.333.444
Reading symbols for shared libraries . done

Starting Nmap 4.01 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2006-03-05
23:12
EST

Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
Reason: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at address: 0xc0000000
0x0004486d in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0004486d in ?? ()
#1  0x00000000 in ?? ()
Previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)

I probably should've mentioned that it's best to use an Nmap binary
that's been compiled with debug symbols :) I'm guessing you compiled
Nmap yourself, so try this: Once you've untarred the nmap tarball and
done "cd nmap-4.01", do the following:

CFLAGS=-g CXXFLAGS=-g ./configure
make
gdb ./nmap

Then use the gdb instructions I provided earlier.