Nmap Development mailing list archives

NetDisplay

From: "Ole Morten Grodås" <grodaas () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 22:23:30 +0200

Hi folks

I am about to apply for a SOC stipend to continue the development of
NetDisplay(www.netdisplay.org). I thought it would be a good idea to share
my plans and visions here. That way I can get feedback on what's good and
what's bad, and I might end up creating an application that is useful to
someone:)

My goal is to make NetDisplay the best tool for "normal" scanning. The focus
is to make it easy and intuitive to start scans and interpret the results.
When NetDisplay does this well I can move on and add more advanced features
like report generation, filtering and search functionality.

Here is a prioritize list of what I want to implement in NetDisplay:

1. Support for Nmap's run time interaction. Especially a progress bar that
tells the estimated time to finish.
2. Right clicking on hosts gives an alternative to open with: ssh, telnet,
ftp ,samba …
3. "Traditional mode"  (like NmapFE and WiNmap) for creating Nmap commands.
4. Color highlighting of Nmap output
5. Binaries for other platforms
6. Documentation and help
7. Filter results, similar to ethereal filtering.
8. Report generation
9. Search in results.

Have I missed something?

All comments and suggestions are most welcome

Regards
-Ole