Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: False positive 21/tcp open on Windows?

From: kx <kxmail () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 21:44:41 -0400

I can't duplicate the behavior with nmap 4.20ALPHA3 - would you mind
trying to duplicate it with the newest version, 4.20ALPHA4?

http://www.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.20ALPHA4-win32.zip

-kx

nmap -sT -p79-81 192.168.1.1

Starting Nmap 4.20ALPHA3 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap ) at
Interesting ports on 192.168.1.1:
PORT   STATE    SERVICE
79/tcp filtered finger
80/tcp open     http
81/tcp filtered hosts2-ns
MAC Address: 00:04:5A:EF:AE:13 (The Linksys Group)

Nmap finished: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 12.156 seconds

nmap -sS -p79-81 192.168.1.1

Starting Nmap 4.20ALPHA3 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap ) at 2006-07-26 21:39 Ea
stern Daylight Time
Interesting ports on 192.168.1.1:
PORT   STATE  SERVICE
79/tcp closed finger
80/tcp open   http
81/tcp closed hosts2-ns
MAC Address: 00:04:5A:EF:AE:13 (The Linksys Group)

Nmap finished: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 1.062 seconds