Nmap Development mailing list archives

New OS Detection?

From: Alan Jones <alan () ajsquared us>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 23:44:27 -0500

I was just curious how the new OS detection code was coming along...

Code? Improvements in detection? Speed? Database signatures, etc......

Around Alpha 3 on 6/29 the comment was made that we hoped to start
collecting new signatures for the OS database soon.

Unless i missed something I have not seen much since the time of Alpha 3
and 4.  And if I remember right Alpha 3 really had more of the OS stuff
then 4.

I am sure it is a long hard process, etc.  Just curious how things were
going.

It is an area we are all interested in....

thanks

Alan