Nmap Development mailing list archives

Final 2 weeks for testing SoC projects

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 17:43:20 -0700

This is just a reminder that the SoC 2006 project formally ends in
less than two weeks (8:00 AM on Monday the 21st).  The students have
created some great Nmap additions, some of which I hope to integrate
into mainstream Nmap releases.

While I hope many of them continue to improve their projects long
after the summer, we are only assured of their labor for 2 more weeks.
The best way to help is to test drive the projects and report any
problems or suggestions.  Community feedback is also one way we'll
decide which ones should be in mainstream Nmap releases and which are
best left as patches for interested parties to apply themselves.

Here are some recent releases in case you want to test drive and
report on the one you fancy the most:

Adriano's UMIT cross-platform GUI and results viewer:
  http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2006/q3/0194.html

Diman's Nmap Scripting Engine which adds LUA support for high-speed
application-level assessment:
  http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2006/q3/0185.html

Julien's Nmap-CGI hosted Nmap scanning project:
  http://nmap-cgi.tuxfamily.org/

Eddie's --reason patch (tells you why a certain port is classified a certain way)
  http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2006/q2/0434.html

Zhao and my new OS detection system (we're at the "deciding on the
final details but still brainstorming and accepting any new ideas"
stage now):
  http://insecure.org/nmap/osdetect/

Doug, Cole, and Marek are also currently working on projects that they
will soon release to Nmap-dev for testing.

Cheers,
Fyodor