Nmap Development mailing list archives

Fwd: nmap

From: The Virtual One <virtual1 () vftp net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 18:53:38 -0500

Interesting.  Why don't you resend this to nmap-dev.  Maybe someone
who has a Mac or uses IP of FW can help find a solution for the
problem.

Cheers,
-F

Begin forwarded message:

From: The Virtual One <virtual1 () vftp net>
Date: July 5, 2006 6:43:36 PM CDT
To: fyodor () insecure org
Subject: nmap

I am staying at family for the holiday week, and the easiest way
for me to get internet with my laptop is to have mom's imac share
ethernet over firewire.  So far it has been working very well (so
long as we have the imac set to not sleep!) but I did find that
nmap crashes when I try to run it when my primary interface is IPoFW.

PBG4:~ nfisher$ sudo nmap -sS vftp.net

Starting nmap 3.75 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at
FATAL: readip_pcap: bogus caplen from libpcap (1127219200) on
interface type 138
QUITTING!

Works fine over ethernet and wireless though.

Also fails for scan types T, F, X, N, P, V, U, O, A, W, R, L.  -P0
also crashes.  Scans of unspecified type and I both appear to work.

Also, this crashes

PBG4:~ nfisher$ sudo nmap vftp.net

but this does not

PBG4:~ nfisher$ nmap vftp.net

So guessing it has something to do with custom packet building on
IPoFW that's blowing things up?

- Nathan