Nmap Development mailing list archives

Scanning for idle hosts to use in idle/zombie scan

From: jason () jasonayala com
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 05:22:37 -0700

I'm sorry if I say anything too n00b. Additionally, I can't figure out how to search the list for previous mentions of
this, but: Does nmap have the ability, or plan to, to scan a/a range of host/s for idleness? That is, simply ping/try
to connect a couple of times and predict a target's usefulness for a zombie/idle scan?

I apologized again if this post doesn't stur up ideas. It's just that the whole idle scan thing excites me. I love the
concept and I love nmap's implementation of it.