Nmap Development mailing list archives

New NSE Docs

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 15:20:49 -0800

Hello everyone,

I'm excited to announce that the Nmap Scripting Engine project is back
in motion!  Diman has a new release that he'll be posting within the
hour.  Equally important, we spent a lot of time documenting the
system so you guys understand how it works, how to use it, and how to
write your own scripts.  The NSE documentation is very similar in
format to the version detection and OS detection docs.  You can find
it at:

http://insecure.org/nmap/nse/

Please mail the list any suggestions you have for improving the
system.  It is still early enough in development that we can change
the script format, etc. without having to change hundreds or thousands
of scripts.  We welcome suggestions for improving the documentation
too.  Let us know if something doesn't make sense to you or you find
typos, etc.

And of course, we welcome new scripts and are looking forward to
seeing what you come up with.

Cheers,
Fyodor