Nmap Development mailing list archives

Public Nmap SVN Repository

From: Max <nmap () webwizarddesign com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 07:55:18 -0500

Nice move,  :) would definitely really enjoy being able to
browse/diff/view revision history for source online and I think the
RSS feed for commits suggested in this thread is a great idea as is
moving to branches for integrating new functionality to help keep the
core of nmap stable.

As the nmap source tree and developer base grow, might also consider
implementing a web-based bug tracker and integrate that with SVN,
makes tracking changes that fix bugs a little easier .. both CVS and
SVN have all the hooks needed to integrate the two so a developer can
just type in 'bug NNNN' in a commit message and the hook scripts then
integrate the commit messages with the bug reports on the defect
tracking system.

This is neither a radical nor new idea :p on my part, just an
additional thought as the project grows, nmap seems to do quite well
without a formal bug tracker at this point so definitely no need to
add complexity to the process until it really is necessary.

- Max