Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap doesn't compile on Solaris 9 with Sun Studio Pro

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:32:57 -0800

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 05:59:40PM -0500, Leo Zhadanovsky wrote:

I have changed the following in Makefile.in and it now compiles and
seems to run.

Thanks, that is useful information to have, though it obviously breaks
the dependency feature.  But if you or someone else can modify the
Makefile so that it only skips the -MM on compilers that don't support
it (maybe all non-gcc compilers?), that is something I'd love to
apply.  This can probably be done in a few lines of configure.ac and
maybe slight changes to Makefile.in too.

Cheers,
-F