Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap-4.20 portability patch

From: Kris Katterjohn <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 20:15:14 -0600

Peter O'Gorman wrote:

__FUNCTION__ is not portable, this is replaced in the patch with
"function_name" even where that is silly.

Isn't this silly everywhere? Instead of putting the function name in the
format string of the printf() you have it converted with a %s. Did you
just run a script to replace it?

// C++ style comments don't work with non-c++ compilers on some
platofrms.

I sent in a patch for this just a little bit ago, but no biggie.

This should probably just be categorized under the "not all our
compilers are c99 capable" along with the va_copy() and variable length
arrays things below.

hpux does not have va_copy.

variable length arrays is a c99 feature, but not all our compilers
are c99 capable.

Thanks,
Peter

I hope I'm not coming across mean or anything, I just got done driving
across a two states :)

Kris Katterjohn