Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Patch] Forcibly copy scripts to overwrite .svn files

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 21:46:57 -0700

On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 01:57:18PM -0600, David Fifield wrote:

This patch just adds the -f flag to cp to force the overwriting of the
files. The real solution is to keep from installing the .svn
directories, but this patch is probably desirable even in that case.

Hi David.  Good points.  But I agree with you that a better solution
is not to copy the .svn files in the first place.  We don't want a
bunch of .svn crap in the install directory.  Would you make a patch
which just copies the files we need instead of doing -f?  If you check
it into the soc07 tree and let us know on nmap-dev, I can merge it
into /nmap.  So that will be a good test for us of that process as
well.

Cheers,
-F