Nmap Development mailing list archives

Version Detection based on past TCP/UDP scan results

From: "Hyper 4S" <hyper4s () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 18:51:47 +0000

All,

assuming we have the results (eg in greppable format) of a normal TCP/UDP portscan, is it possible to version scan (-sV) the found open ports, without repeating this TCP/UDP scan?

E.g. we have "output", the result of the scan "nmap -sS -sU -p0-65535 -oG output [host]"

After having run this scan, we decide we would like to do version detection on all found ports listed in "output", as "nmap -sS -sU -sV -p0-65535 [host]" would give us by rescanning the host.

Is there a way to speed this up by skipping this redundant pre-version detection scan, and relying on the portscan results found during an earlier run?

Thanks!

H.