Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 4.22SOC3 Released!

From: Kris Katterjohn <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:38:37 -0500

Justin Knox wrote:
I can't wait to play with the new goods! However, I'll echo jah's
sentiments: umit.exe is MIA. I used the "Show Details" button while
installing on my xp sp2 rig and copied the results over to notepad for a
quick find on ".exe" and nothing for umit comes up. It would appear that
umit's directory tree is mostly there, as when you deselect Umit in the
installer, installation size is reduced by 1MB. There are plenty of .dll's a
few directories deep under %Program Files%\Nmap\umit\lib...but there's no
.exe in there that I can see :(

hope that helps...
--Justin

Okay, I've been trying to get a hold of Fyodor and try to fix this
problem, but I haven't reached him yet.

I didn't want to say anything as *I don't know the problem*, but I
suspect it's that the build scripts for UMIT are set to Python 2.5, but
Fyodor may have 2.4 installed so it doesn't work.  This is why the dir
tree is almost there, but no real UMIT things are in there.  It's easy
to miss the UMIT/python parts during the installer building, I've done
it quite a bit before :)

I have successfully built the Windows installer many times, and tried
again this morning without a problem.

Again, I don't know as I haven't talked to him, but I am trying :)

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn