Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [BUG] NSE/Nsock filehandle exhaustion

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 14:34:42 -0700

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 08:45:34PM +0200, majek04 wrote:
On 8/28/07, Brandon Enright <bmenrigh () ucsd edu> wrote:

I implemented it exactly as you proposed. nsock_connect blocks when the
number of opened connections exceeds some threshold.

For this moment this threshold is hardcoded  in
#define NSOCK_DESCRIPTORS_THRESHOLD 768

Hi Marek.  This patch looks great, thanks!  I've changed it to use
o.max_parallelism instead, which is designed for this purpose.  Also,
Brandon made a great point about a script which might open several
sockets at once (for example an identd-checking script).  So I made it
always allow at least 10 concurrent sockets.  I checked the result
into SVN.  It seems to work from my testing, but I only tested a
couple machines -- not enough to actually reach the limit.

Cheers,
-F