Nmap Development mailing list archives

NSE's garbage collection and exception handling

From: "Kris Katterjohn" <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 08:52:30 -0500

Hey everyone!

I've been reading over the NSE guide[1] recently and got to thinking about
something for which I couldn't find an answer: does the garbage collection
Stoiko added (closing sockets forgotten when exiting a script) still happen
when NSE exceptions occur[2]?

All of the examples that I've seen show the "catch" function (or whatever it
happens to be called) closing the socket.  What happens if we don't have
it?  Does the socket still get closed?  Does the script just exit normally
after an NSE exception, and thus the sockets get closed as it would if no
exception occurred at all?

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn

[1] http://insecure.org/nmap/nse