Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: lazy symbol binding failed

From: "Kris Katterjohn" <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 17:21:47 -0500

On 10/26/07, Mathieu Prevot <mathieu.prevot () gmail com> wrote:

Hi,
on macosx with 'nmap -A something' I obtained:

-----
Starting Nmap 4.22SOC7 ( http://insecure.org ) at 2007-10-26 10:40 CEST
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _luaL_openlib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/libexec/nmap/nse/bit.so
  Expected in: flat namespace

dyld: Symbol not found: _luaL_openlib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/libexec/nmap/nse/bit.so
  Expected in: flat namespace

Trace/BPT trap
-----

What's happening ? How to solve the problem ?

Cheers,
MP

I'm not sure how to fix the problem, but LUA is for the scripting engine and
if you aren't interested in that you can build nmap with "./configure
--without-liblua" and that should keep this problem from happening.

But if you want LUA/NSE, then somebody else should take a look at that :)

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn