Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ready to retire NmapFE?

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 21:52:16 -0700

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 09:13:01AM -0600, DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
On 10/28/07, Fyodor <> wrote:

Would it be too difficult to pull the NmapFE code out and make it
available as source to anyone who would like to continue using it?

I realize it would quickly develop incompatibilities as its
advancement was left behind.  But, pulling it out like that would
allow someone to take it over if they wished and keep it up-to-date.

We probably won't pull it out into a separate tarball with its own
build system, but anyone who wants to can grab NmapFE from the
4.22SOC8 tarball or from SVN.  And if someone wants to take over
maintenance of NmapFE and distribute it themselves, they are most
welcome to.

Cheers,
-F