Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: port-ratio not working with soc6

From: doug () hcsw org
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 12:35:34 -0700

Hi Douglas,

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 02:44:30PM -0400 or thereabouts, Douglas F. Calvert wrote:
Hello,
 I think that SOC6 is missing the correct version of nmap-services for
the port ratio feature...

The port-ratio feature is not available yet (unless
you provide your own nmap-services) because we don't
have data that we are sufficiently confident in
recommending as being the most common ports.

I suggest we remove the

       "  --top-ports <number>: Scan <number> most common ports\n"
       "  --port-ratio <ratio>: Scan ports more common than <ratio>\n"

lines in the nmap.cc function printusage() because it
isn't looking as though this data will be available
as soon as hoped. Are these features advertised as working
anywhere else?

Best,

Doug