Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Scripting engine stuck

From: Stoiko Ivanov <stoiko () xover htu tuwien ac at>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 20:01:01 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 12:42:12PM -0600, Ron wrote:
So I just installed RC3 today on my lab computer, and tested it on our
LAN (the /24 subnet that the computer itself is on). Hopefully this
hasn't already been reported, but it seems to have gotten itself stuck
half way through the scan. I've attached a text file that I copied the
output into, sanitized a little.

Hope it's helpful, and let me know if there's any more tests I can do.

I think it would be of great help to have the output of a nmap run with
--script-trace, since this may show us where the scan gets stuck.

I'm continuing to let this run, just in case it's just really, really
slow, I'll post back if it actually finishes.

Ron

Thanks for the report
stoiko