Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 4.22SOC7 Released

From: jah <jah () zadkiel plus com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 18:40:00 +0100

I'm not seeing the issue with nmap installed in it's default location.
If I install nmap to an alternative location (with winpcap in the same
place or in it's default), I also don't see the issue.
Scan was nmap -sC <target>

Here's error 14001 from winerror.h:
//
// MessageId: ERROR_SXS_CANT_GEN_ACTCTX
//
// MessageText:
//
//  This application has failed to start because the application
configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this
problem.
//
#define ERROR_SXS_CANT_GEN_ACTCTX        14001L

which doesn't say much to me, but there may be a clue in the Windows
Application event log.

And for a windows strace, Process Monitor may be able to shed some light:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/processmonitor.mspx

Christoph J. Thompson wrote:
On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:51:36 -0400