Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE Script] MySQL Server Information

From: sawall <sawall () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 18:59:44 -0600

My comment would be that a brute-force may or may not be necessary.  If it
were included, it could be enabled via an argument or a separate app could
be run against MS SQL or MySQL.  As mentioned before, a brute-force attack
could take some time and really slow things down.

I was thinking more along the lines to just check for a few simple
passwords, like defaults and a few common ones (i.e., _blank_, password,
admin, etc).  This also could be disabled/enabled via an argument for those
who just wanted to gather server/version info.

I think the outcome of all of this will be good though!

chris