Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Issues with loading script module dll?

From: jah <jah () zadkiel plus com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 17:04:06 +0000

On 01/02/2008 05:46, Kris Katterjohn wrote:
I've been talking with Mike off the list and he's used 4.53 on Windows
and getting the same results as with SOC6: the same 14001 error message
that has occurred before[1][2].

LUA INTERPRETER in ..\nse_init.cc:740: error loading module 'bit' from
file 'C:\tools\nselib-bin/bit.dll':        system error 14001

His command:

nmap -sV -n -v -P0 -p 80,90 google.com --max-retries 1 -d9 -sC

I didn't find a solution in the archives, so has any progress been made
with this problem?  Does anybody have any suggestions?
I've tried again to reproduce this error and, again, I cannot.
I've done some fumbling around in the dark and followed some
instructions [1] and opened nmap in depends.exe dependency walker, then
used depends.exe profiler and supplied Mike's commandline arguments.
Scrolling down the module tree that results, I can see that bit.dll
loaded msvcr80.dll (C++ common runtime).
I bet that this isn't happening on Mikes machine and we might need to
mod the nsis installer to distribute the dll.
First, it might be worth determining what's 'different' about Mike's
machine.

I can provide a copy of depends.exe if Mike would be interested
confirming/refuting the dependency issue.

jah

[1] Dependencies of a Visual C++ Application:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235265(VS.80).aspx
<http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235265%28VS.80%29.aspx>