Nmap Development mailing list archives

Problem with Zenmap RPM

From: Peter Kaye <peter () nanoscale com au>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 18:37:56 +0900

I am running SuSE 10.3 and the nmap
RPM installed just fine, however the Zenmap RPM refused to install
asking for pygtk2.  I searched for the RPM in YaST and after a bit of
hunting, discovered that pygtk2 is the Redhat nomenclature for this
package.  SuSE installs a package named python-gtk that provides the
same functionality as pygtk2.  I confirmed this by installing the zenmap
RPM and specifying --nodeps.  Zenmap appears to run just fine when
called from the command line as both root and non-root user (though
obviously in reduced functionality mode as non-root).

Since this RPM is implied to be distro-agnostic, is there some way to
specify "package pygtk2 OR python-gtk" in the RPM file?  Or could a
suse-specific zenmap RPM be supplied if this is not possible (though I
ask that with hesitation as the last thing we need is a proliferation of
distro-specific packages).

Many Thanks,

Peter Kaye.