Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Probe data for windows vista and 2008

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () everythingeverything co uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 02:38:52 -0000

Hi Swapna,

Vista and Server 2008 are operating systems (and already have fingerprints
in the nmap-os-db file), they are not services themselves. I believe the
nmap-service-probes file contains regular expressions that should correctly
identify the version number of the services, such as IIS 7, that come with
Vista and Server 2008.

Regards,

Rob