Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Exp Features: -oP (pcap output format) and --version-ports

From: jah <jah () zadkiel plus com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:34:46 +0100

On 28/04/2008 19:18, Kris Katterjohn wrote:
Hey everyone,

I've committed a couple of new features in my branch (/nmap-exp/kris):

1) -oP is a new output option to save sent/received raw IP packets and
Ethernet frames in pcap format for use with pcap-capable programs like
Wireshark.
That's cool.  I often use wireshark to capture nmap scans which always
means starting wireshark before scanning, possibly setting up capture
and/or display filters and being present to stop the capture when the
scan ends....
It would be useful to be able to capture NSOCK stuff too, especially NSE
activity - something for the future perhaps.

Regards,

jah