Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Difficult Nmap Question from IRC

From: " mixter () gmail com" <mixter () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 23:23:27 +0200

My idea would be to outsource this stuff into a new
"proxy proxy" tool for the nmap toolchain, as it is not directly
a nmap problem, and few people might need it for nmap.

My suggestion would be an external app. that listens
and works as a local socks proxy, and has a config file
with proxies to forward all incoming sessions (socks/http),
on every incoming connection (from a tool specifying a
single host list, e.g. nmap) go through the list and attempt
connections and relay the one back to the user that actually
does work. But it's just a random idea, the whole thing is
not strictly nmap related, yet maybe a nice to have tool.