Nmap Development mailing list archives

Ignored state broken in grepable output

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 12:59:26 -0600

Hi,

I tried to reproduce the grepable output in this example:

http://nmap.org/book/output-formats-grepable-output.html#output-formats-ex-grepable-protocol-scanme

but I couldn't get it to show me the "Ignored State: closed (251)". The
problem is that Nmap's handling of multiple ignored states leaves the
ignored state as PORT_UNKNOWN when it is finished, and the grepable
output correctly sees that there are no ports in this "ignored" state,
and it doesn't print anything.

I have attached a patch that restores the output, but only in the case
that there is exactly one ignored state. I don't know what it should do
if there are more than that. I didn't test the patch against a machine
with more than one ignored state because I couldn't find one.

David Fifield