Nmap Development mailing list archives

Terminating active scan Prototypes

From: Jurand Nogiec <jurand () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 21:29:07 -0500

Hello to all

I have been prototyping some ideas for GUI modifications dealing with
how to stop already active scans without losing all of the data. As it
is now, one way to "stop" a scan is to click close on the tab
button for the given scan. Another way this can happen is if one were to
create a new scan in the same tab. What we are proposing is first of all
a change to the GUI for how to start these changes, and also for
changing the way that the data already completed in the scan will not be
lost when you click these GUI items.

Please consider my solutions A, and B on my wiki link
http://jurandn.wikidot.com/terminating and tell me what you think about
each of them.

Both solutions: Add an icon to Scan button to make it stand out.
Solution A: Add a cancel scan button to each tab.
Solution B: Have a distinct "Cancel" button in each tab, and an "Abort
All Scans" button to stop all scans.

Jurand Nogiec