Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Please help..

From: "'Fyodor'" <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 20:18:55 -0700

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 12:25:21AM +0100, Rob Nicholls wrote:
I've basically followed the instructions mentioned here:
http://www.ski-epic.com/2007_notes_on_openssl/index.html

I used the latest (openssl-0.9.8h) source code and appeared to have to
comment out a random looking "16" from the top of s1_win32.asm to make it
all compile (using VS.NET 2003). I also had to change the CFLAG line in
ntdll.mak to say /MT instead of /MD so that the files would be statically
(instead of dynamically) linked and therefore shouldn't require msvcrXX.dll:

If we start including the MS runtime as described in your previous
email, do you think the rest of Nmap should be changed to also do /MD
rather than /MT?

Cheers,
-F