Nmap Development mailing list archives

Anyone here seen "13: Game of Death"?

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:58:29 -0700

Hi.  I received a report from a fellow named Tazman saying:

  "I was watching a Thai thriller called "13: Game of Death" and
   in the scene where a woman is trying to hack into a website, they
   showed Nmap. The scene is almost exactly 1 hour into the movie."

Does anyone here have (or want to rent) this movie and confirm?  I'd
like to include it in the Nmap movies page at
http://nmap.org/movies.html .  While the big blockbusters like Matrix
and Bourne Ultimatum are great, it is also neat to see some of the
quirkly obscure films which include Nmap.  It would be great if
someone could:

1) Watch the movie and confirm the sightning
2) Take some screen shots showing Nmap in use
3) Send me the screen shots along with a description of what is going
   on in the movie which leads to Nmap being used and any other aspects
   which might be interesting for people reading the page.

While the title and cover aren't appealing (to me), the movie itself
garnered many rave reviews on Amazon and IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0883995/
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00118T61O

It is a Thai movie, but offers English sub titles and even an English
track if you want that.  Amazon sells it for $14.49 (or $7.90 +
shipping used).

Cheers,
Fyodor