Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: How is whois.nse coming along?

From: "Patrick Donnelly" <batrick.donnelly () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 22:06:03 -0600

Hi Jah,

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 7:49 PM, jah <jah () zadkiel plus com> wrote:
During testing using Patrick's branch of svn, I found that threads were
no longer starting (or rather, resuming) in the target order defined on
the commandline and so, when scanning a range of targets from a given
assignment, the whois queries were being made for a target that wasn't
necessarily the first one in the range.  This made the presentation of
pointers to the host script result a bit ugly: [...]

I believe the "Universal Awareness" change I've posted here may be
useful for solving this problem:
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2008/q2/0900.html

Could you please comment on this?

[...] Strangely enough, since the merge of Patrick's branch, threads
seem to be resuming in order again, so we're now doubly assured of a
nice ordered result!

I haven't merged any of my nse_main changes with the main branch.
Threads should still have an undefined execution order in my branch,
is that where you are testing. I get the impression that "merge of
Patrick's branch" implies you are testing in /nmap?

Thanks,

--
-Patrick Donnelly

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing
to do and always a clever thing to say."

-Will Durant