Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nbase MD5 and SHA1 break static builds

From: "Philip Pickering" <pgpickering () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 20:46:36 +0200

Hi,

2008/8/5 David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>:
Hi,

I see that in nbase/configure.ac I see that the MD5 and SHA1 files are
always included:

dnl We always want some of our files
AC_LIBOBJ([nbase_md5])
AC_LIBOBJ([nbase_sha1])

Maybe it has to be made conditional?

David Fifield

I'm not sure what it would solve, if made conditional. The functions
are still needed. Only if you would forward the functions to openssl
whenever it was found, they could be left out.

I think the only problem are those conflicting definitions. I don't really
think they are still needed and if they are then they should probably
be renamed, as the other functions have been (by adding the nb_ prefix).

Please try the attached patch and tell me if it works for you.

Philip