Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NMAP FEATURE FREEZE: nselib-bin

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 23:11:56 -0600

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 09:51:22PM -0700, Fyodor wrote:
It has been more than two months since the last Nmap release, and the
CHANGELOG is getting huge!  I'm working on it now.  I'm hoping to put
out a new test release soon (ideally in the next 24 hours) and then a
stable release after a few days of testing.

So please concentrate your efforts for the next 3-5 days (until the
stable release) on stability improvements and bug fixing.  Please
don't check in any material new features without discussing it with me
first.  Small bug fixes are welcome.

I'm going to remove the nselib-bin directory in the next few hours. At
least one change is necessary for the release, the removal of the check
for nselib-bin in the scripting engine. NSE looks for that directory and
freaks out ('nselib-bin/' not a directory) if it can't find it. This was
reported by jah in http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2008/q3/0606.html. I
didn't notice it before because I didn't delete my
/usr/libexec/nmap/nselib-bin directory.

David Fifield