Nmap Development mailing list archives

zenmap crashing and leaking memory

From: "Jason Mantor" <jmantor () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 22:55:48 -0400

Hello,
     I've been having some problem with zenmap on Windows XP.  I'm
trying to scan a large but sparse LAN.  There are about 1000 machines
spread across network with an 18 bit mask. I've not been able to
complete a scan since zenmap was released.  All of the releases
including the latest (4.76) crash on me before the scan completes.
The zenmap windows goes blank (solid white) and when I look in task
manager the memory it is using just keeps increasing and it consumes a
constant 50 % of the CPU.  I'm using XP Professional with SP3.