Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] SMB authentication patch

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:10:05 -0600

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 07:14:47PM -0500, Ron wrote:
It's hard to give a blank password. Just using
    --script-args smbusername=user
doesn't work, using
    --script-args smbusername=user,smbpassword=
doesn't work ("Error parsing --script-args"). I had to use
    --script-args smbusername=user,smbpassword=\'\'

All right, I fixed the problem with blank passwords (now just leave off
the parameter), and I changed it so blank usernames won't throw an error
(it'll print a warning if vebose is high enough then proceed with a null
session).

I tried this new version and the blank passwords work.

For your 'david' account, a pcap would still be useful for me, but can
you also run "user2sid.exe david" for me, and tell me the last part of
the sid (or the whole thing)? I've attached the program, although you
can find it around the Internet if you prefer.

I'll send you a separate message with a pcap log and the user2sid
results.

I also wrote a new script for enumerating sessions last night (my friend
was doing a pentest and needed the functionality). I've attached that as
well. It'll be improved more in the near future, so consider this a
preview. :)

I tried that and got

Host script results:
|_ MSRPC: NetSessEnum(): ERROR: Read off the end of the packet

I'll send you a pcap log of that too.

David Fifield