Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap Ctrl+V

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 21:07:53 -0600

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 03:31:00PM +0100, jah wrote:
On 08/10/2008 03:20, Michael Pattrick wrote:
I'd like to propose a change to the shortcut key that saves scans to a
directory in Zenmap.  Currently it's Ctrl+V which conflicts with the
standard shortcut for pasting from the clipboard.  I often find myself
trying to paste a target into the Targets input field and getting the
Save dialog.
Why couldn't we do something like Ctrl+Alt+S ? If memory serves that isn't
used for anything in zenmap right now?
This would probably be more intuitive than the other proposals.
Attached is a patch for zenmapGUI/MainWindow.py.

Thanks, Michael, for the suggestion and Jah for the patch. It's great to
get rid of little barriers to usability like paste being broken.

David Fifield