Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Detecting/parsing a hex string

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 22:54:00 -0700

On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 05:48:57PM -0500, Ron wrote:

Speaking of that, I was sort of wondering if it'd be possible (or a good
idea) to automatically use the credentials of the current machine (the
sid2user/user2sid programs, for example, do that). So it'll
automatically try to authenticate as the current user, if possible.

The advantage is that, if you're a member of a domain, you can basically
scan any system on the domain without giving credentials.

Sounds like a neat feature.  I agree that it raises concerns if the
user doesn't understand what is going on.  So it might be best to only
enable the feature when a special NSE option is provided.

Cheers,
-F