Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] MSRPC Libraries (stable, I hope!)

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 10:19:13 -0500

Hi everybody,

I've tried hard to stabilize my SMB + MSRPC code, and it seems to be working smoothly. I'm hoping to get Brandon (and anybody else) to test it one last time this week or early next week, then I can call it a version.

There are only two bugs right now that I know of:
* Doesn't necessarily work against certain configurations of Samba, although it no longer locks up when it tries scanning them. I'm hoping to fix this in the next release, but that's going to require some major changes that'll probably take a couple weeks. For now, I print off a warning (in -d) and try anyways (Brandon says he has a lot of Samba in his environment, and it only errored on 5 of them, so maybe it isn't so bad). * Doesn't scan systems that require message signatures. Will report back "access denied" -- again, this should be fixed in my next release, but it's going to take a bit of re-writing to incorporate signatures. This is a rare situation.

All in all, it seems to be working against all the systems I test. It takes the following parameters, among others (see the top of any of the files for more):
smbuser/smbusername
smbdomain (if you're in a domain environment)
smbpass/smbpassword

So an example run might be:
nmap --script=smb-enumdomains,smb-enumsessions,smb-enumshares,smb-enumusers,smb-os-discovery,smb-security-mode,smb-serverstats,smb-systeminfo --script-args=smb-user=ron,smb-password=iagotest2k3 <host>

I'm hoping to get as much feedback or bug reports as I can this week!

To get the latest copy, check out my nmap-exp branch:
svn co --username guest --password "" svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap-exp/ron/nmap-smb

Thanks!

Ron