Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE openssl functionality

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 19:14:19 -0600

pamcclel () ncsu edu wrote:
Hello,

 I have been trying to figure out how to use the openssl functionality in
my scripts.  I am using a window xp computer and have download openssl
v0.9.8i , and nmap v4.76.  I'm not sure what I am suppose to do to get the
openssl functionality.  When I try to

require "openssl"

and then run a script that includes that I recieve multiple error telling
me that nmap cannot find a lot of different openssl files for example
(openssl.lua)

Please shoot me back an email on what I am doing wrong.

Thank you for your time
Philip Ansel McClellan II
pamcclel () ncsu edu

Hi Philip,

The OpenSSL functionality for scripts wasn't available when 4.76 was
released. Use the SVN version (svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap) for OpenSSL
support.

Ron

--
Ron Bowes