Nmap Development mailing list archives

Updated SMB scripts

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 19:24:38 -0600

Hi all,

Brandon, Patrick, and myself have worked hard to update and stabilize
the smb/msrpc scripts, and I think we've pulled it off. That being said,
my tests are against a very limited network and Brandon's are
unauthenticated. I'd feel a lot better if people would do their own
tests, especially if you have accounts on the target systems.

Since Brandon successfully tested the script against nearly 400,000
hosts (granting that most of them are offline), I merged my changes into
the main Nmap branch. If you want to test go ahead and grab them from
there. This is what I do (not guaranteed to be the best way, and likely
isn't):
$ svn co svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap
$ cd nmap
$ ./configure && make
$ export NMAPDIR=.
$ ./nmap -p139,445
--script=smb-check-vulns,smb-enum-processes,smb-enum-shares,smb-os-discovery,smb-server-stats,smb-enum-domains,smb-enum-sessions,smb-enum-users,smb-security-mode,smb-system-info

We've been testing against all versions of Windows, Linux, Unix, Apple,
and any other weird/embedded version that's living on Brandon's network,
and it'll successfully scan them all (although some just return
errors/useless information).

Looking forward to hearing your results!

Ron

--
Ron Bowes
http://www.skullsecurity.org/