Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE + NSELib] Netbios and SMB [stable!]

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 11:27:36 -0500

David Fifield wrote:
On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 10:21:39PM +0200, Sven Klemm wrote:

That's interesting that OpenSSL ignores the parity bits. I don't know
exactly what scripts will need, but it seems that at least a function to
convert a 56-bit byte string to a 64-bit key with correct parity would
be required. Is that what you needed for your script, Ron?

David Fifield

Well, I'm not 100% sure what I need right now, I'm no expert on OpenSSL. I'm going to try making room for the parity bits by hand (well, in C), and checking if I get the expected result. If that works, then that's all I need.

Ron