Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ncat bugs? Server --{send,recv}-only, UDP multiple connections

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 14:22:42 -0700

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 07:13:00PM -0700, David Fifield wrote:
I found behavior in Ncat that was surprising to me. I want to check if
it's doing what it's supposed to of if these are bugs that should be
fixed.

The first is that --send-only and --recv-only don't appear to have any
effect in server mode (--listen). With --send-only --listen I still see
what's typed on the client on the server side, and with --recv-only
--listen I am able to send to the client by typing in the terminal.
--send-only and --recv-only work for client connections.

This problem is fixed in listen mode in r12121. The options are still
ignored in broker mode, though I consider that another bug.

David Fifield