Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Fw: Nmap statically linked help

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 14:46:33 -0600

David Fifield wrote:
On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 12:04:04PM +0530, lalit solanki wrote:
I've seen that Nmap in insecure.org download RPMs are statically
linked.  How can I build Nmap from source to also create statically
linked binary result?

Just run "make static" after configuring.

I was recently thinking about this, and I want to work on making a pen-test toolkit for myself (basically, a .tgz I can dump/extract on a compromised server with all the tools I need for post-exploitation work). Do most tools have a "make static" option, or is that an Nmap thing?

Ron